Monday, February 29, 2016

$8 Thrifted Lamp Makeover



One of the items I needed for Miss A's bedroom was a bed side lamp. I looked high and low for something that would fit her room and couldn't find anything. And BANG! I didn't have to look far as I had this ugly lamp on my own bed side table that I was going to get rid of. I inherited it from a prior tenant and always hated it but it worked. The shade on it was hideous and the 'trophy' like shape of it bugged me.


I love spray paint and use it on everything so I thought - why not? Let's see how this ugly lamp could be transformed to a unique lamp for Miss A's room! I was at Walmart and came across the shade which was $8.00! I already had the primer and purple spray paint for another project so the shade was the only thing needed. I first gave it a good scrub with TSP and then primed and two coats of purple paint. Added the shade and voila! I love how it turned out! Hope she will too!



Have a great day!

Stacy


Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment