Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Change - My first canvas!

Sorry for the lack of posts but I have been a little busy creating! I finally did it! I finally dared myself to create a canvas and I LOVE IT! It was so much fun to make! Lots of paint, paper, ephemera, lace and tonnes of techniques!

I have had this idea for so long to do a canvas with this quote and every time I envisioned a butterfly. Butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and that is where I am. I have come a long way on my journey and I needed to show case that to remind myself that I have the power. The power to wake up every day and decide how my day will be. I changed. I am forever changing. And this little piece will remind me on those days when I choose to not remember that I have the power.

Here are a few of the work in progress and some detailed shots...






Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment