Saturday, May 9, 2015

be the light - mixed media upcycled frame

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have been sick and it really knocked me out of the game for the past few weeks.

I was inspired to create a piece from this old framed print I purchased for $0.50 at my local thrift store. It started in a different direction that it ended but I am happy with the finished result. I was inspired by the darkness we all have inside us. I strongly believe that it is a daily choice to choose to let the light in and to be the light. Our gremlins are more vulnerable when we choose to shine the light on them. They are not as powerful and we may even stop listening to them when we realize what they are and what they are really doing to us.


April 18th The Documented Life Project Challenge (yes I am behind) was using a gelli plate. I didn't have one so I googled how to make my own. I found this great video on how to make one. I'm not sure if I made it thick enough but it was good enough to play around and make my own sheets. It was fun and I will be buying a real gelli plate soon. I used the papers I made in this piece.





(original thrift store frame)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment