Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Snow Globes

So sorry for the delay in posts. Life has been a little crazy lately. I moved and my life has been turned into a different direction. But I was able to find some time to create more items for my booth (can be found at the Woodpecker's Cabin in Haliburton, Ontario).

I bought these great jars at a yard sale this summer for $2!! Not each but all of them! I had 5 big ones and two small ones. I knew I wanted to make something special with them but didn't know just what until one day I saw this great post by fellow Ontarian Lorrie Everitt. I just loved the simplicity and wonder of her salt shaker snow globes . So I knew that is what I was going to make with my jars. I looked high and low for cute little trees and found the best ones at Walmart for only $1. Bought some snow and sparkly snow and that is all I needed to make my globes.




I typed some sentiments on some card stock using my typewriter and glued them onto the trees. Then I used some good epoxy glue to glue the trees to the bottoms of my jars, added the snow and voilĂ ! They were done and ready for my booth!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments: